Our Goal

November 26, 2011

Victoria and I decided today that our ultimate goal for this trip is not “to strengthen our family and instill strong values and a moral compass” as I once foolishly thought. Rather we would like to return to Maine, live on my grandparent’s farm for a year, tap their maple trees and make enough syrup to fill our auxiliary 30 gallon water tank. Once done with that part of the goal, I will plumb the tank directly to a pump that feeds a push button wet bar. Then, we will sail around the world again.

p.s. This may be the long answer to “is there anything that you miss”

Comments

comments

6 comments

1. Comment by cindy

cindy November 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hilarious! Maybe you need to offer a snail mail address at a local marina there in Mexico so we can send you some syrup 🙂 Have you run out already?

2. Comment by Abigail

Abigail November 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think that 30 gallons of maple syrup is a worthy goal!

3. Comment by Diane Selkirk

Diane Selkirk November 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm

hehehe. We just ran out of the 9 litres of maple syrup we stocked up with the last time we were in Canada. Australia, sadly, does not have affordable maple syrup.

4. Comment by TheWorldOrBust

TheWorldOrBust November 29, 2011 at 6:16 am

Maybe you can fill the water tanks with wine too….

• Comment by Tucker Bradford

Tucker Bradford December 5, 2011 at 10:43 am

…if I thought it would keep!

5. Comment by Chris, Lisa, and Parker

Chris, Lisa, and Parker December 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Maple syrup keg stand! Ok, I’m awake from that dream. But you have to admit it would be awesome. I am finding this to be a very realistic goal change. Besides you all already have achieved your old goal. We have clicked our way through all your recent pictures (Awesome!) and are ready for the next round. Seeing all your faces lit up with “spectacularlysuperfantastictimelessjoyfullness” just fills the heart. Makes us realize how much we miss team Convivia, but are also so excited we get to share in your adventure through the “forgeover” looking glass. That Stern Light better be flashing at random hours of the day and night keeping us all well informed on your good times!

Comments are closed.