The Garhauer Rigid Boom Vang arrived today. This is the first major system install since the windlass and it marks the beginning of a series of complex installs that will last until we shove off. I didn’t really think it would be all that difficult when I ordered it at the boat show. “Just drill a few holes, tap them, and bolt it on,” I thought. But when I started lining it up I realized I would need to dust off some of that trig that I had forgotten 15+ years ago. A few well written blog posts later I’m feeling much better about the install. I’ll try round two tomorrow (and document it if you’re lucky).
The next project will be the Monitor Windvane. That should arrive Tuesday. With any luck I’ll have it installed before Memorial Day so we can use it as we tool around the Bay on our 3 day weekend cruise.
July 1st we’ll get our life raft. I will need to fabricate a set of stand-offs to go over the forward compainionway hatch rails, that will be easy if I can find bar stock and a bender. But that’s not something I’ve started to look into yet.
At some point I will need to find a window to order and install solar and the water maker. Once those are aboard we’ll be ready to head south. There is so much to do and so few weekends to do it all (18 if that counter is correct) that I’m really feeling the excitement/pressure of it all.