Dyneema Experience — Stats & Charts

March 2, 2011

The geek in me just couldn’t stand not knowing where we stand on the . So I did what any capable and curious person would do and whipped up a script to parse the website and provide us with regular and reliable .

Armed with information I have been able to set milestones for myself and give our supporters something to shoot for. Tonight I thought I would take this a step forward and show all of you exactly how much your support has helped us. This chart (if you click on my name before hitting play) will show you just how fast you have advanced s/v Convivia to our current position in 10th place.

Thank you all for your support, and please keep it coming. Convivia is going to be stunning in her new running rigging!

Be patient while this loads. It’s a pretty huge chart!

note: For some reason won’t remember my settings: For best results set Color = Unique and Size = Crew Count. Then click my name and hit play

Comments

comments

8 comments

1. Comment by Mom

Mom March 3, 2011 at 2:37 pm

This is so cool, I had to watch it about 20 times!

2. Comment by Team Redan

Team Redan March 5, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Wow thanks for this Chart. We where looking for this congratulations with the 10th place. Let’s wait if the numbers onl determine the choice but . . . from m point of view y should be in for sure. Providing the chart 😉 Good winds and we will hear/read from each other
    Team Redan (2nd in the chart 🙂 )

3. Comment by Pim

Pim March 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

NICE!!! I found it very frustrating there was no ranking on the Dyneema site. This is great work!

And even better, according to this we ended up on the 16th place! YEAH :).

But for now we will just wait for the 17th and see…..

• Comment by Tucker Bradford

Tucker Bradford March 6, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I was updating daily until the official close date. Now I’m waiting for them to announce why people are still allowed to sign up before I update again. If the contest is still underway, I’ll start updating again. Congratulations!

4. Comment by Pim

Pim March 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm

BTW, could you update this graph daily….? 😉

5. Comment by Aernoudt - BBWSR

Aernoudt - BBWSR March 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Great for the work to pull this out of the Dyneema website!
    (which indeed would have been better with the ranking delivered right there on the spot)

So far at 9th place, so that looks promising (this is not the final date score probably, as I ended at 139 instead of the mentioned 133 in this graph (so probably also other people will have more votes)

• Comment by Tucker Bradford

Tucker Bradford March 7, 2011 at 6:44 am

Aernoudt,
      I purposefully left this at the official end date of the contest. I have up to date stats, perhaps I’ll release those in a new post.

• Comment by Aernoudt

Aernoudt March 7, 2011 at 8:01 am

Hi,

Please do 🙂 Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,