Its Christmas Eve and as exciting as tomorrow promises to be the thing that Ruby and Miles claim to be most excited about is the sailing trip. That’s right, when given the choice between presents or sailing Ruby said she was more excited about sailing.
In preparation, Victoria and I are frantically working down the todo list. Here’s what the next few days look like
- Our good friends Sarah and Ricky are stopping by for a lightning visit this afternoon.
- Tonight we make our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. This year we’re adding Peppermint Molten Chocolate Cakes to the feast.
- After dinner we’ll do a video chat with Papa Verne and Gramora where Papa V. will read “The Night Before Christmas” (another family tradition.)
- After the kids fall asleep we’ll pack everything up for the trip, put out the presents, and hopefully get to bed early.
- In addition to the expected Christmas morning hullabaloo we will be preparing to leave (at noon? really?), and video chatting with the Logans.
We’ll drive down to LA and spend the night there. Early on the 26th we will drive over to the marina where Vick will drop me off to do the check-in. She’ll head over to WF in Santa Monica to provision and we’ll hopefully be on the water by 11am. I’ve been told that the sail is ~7hrs to Two Harbors so we’ll be racing against the clock to get to the mooring before dark.
The weather report looks reasonable (though I’m not excited about the slight chance of rain). If the weather holds, we’ll have a lovely week of sailing and can finally develop a sense for how our family will adapt to a sailing lifestyle. Wish us luck!